Thursday, September 30, 2010

Seduced by power

I love Bikram yoga.
Convinced of the many benefits I recommend it to anyone and everyone. -If you haven’t tried it; you must-!

Then along came Power yoga……

After 2 years of being a profound Bikram lover, doing two 30-days challenges and a 101-day challenge I found myself losing my bliss. Using the same muscles and doing the same postures in every class kind of got me to notice this other yoga which rocked my little world after my 2nd class. The teacher, the variety and flow in postures/ movement, the dimmed lighting, the music, the muscle ache post-class, the heated room (my kind of yoga must include heat!)… it was fantastic!

Now I wonder; do I like Power because it’s new? All things new are exciting.....

I am keen to explore Power some more while still keep practising Bikram as well. I am able to share my love for both… right?
- If only there was a studio which offers both Bikram & Power… now that would just be perfect….

In the mean time I am enjoying my sore triceps, bring on summer -I am almost ready!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have found a new way to challenge yourself. Have you tried an advanced class? I am not ready to yet.. but if you are looking to stick with Hatha/Bikram Yoga- this could be a good way to recharge :)

    Great Post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!

    Yes, I have done 2 Bikram advanced classes which was scary as hell and extremely challenging. I'll keep doing Bikram (beginners & advanced) but like my flirt now as well with Power ;-)

    I'll go check out your blog now!

    ReplyDelete