Friday, April 8, 2011

Cut the C-R-A-P

Cut the C-R-A-P for 5 days; caffeine, refined sugar, alcohol and processed foods.

I have always been intrigued by detoxing and cleansing methods. -I am trying out the 5-day standard cleanse from Schkinny Maninny which means that for 5 days every morning an esky is waiting on my doorstep with 6 bottles of freshness and goodness. I am not allowed to eat and must drink herbal tea and water in addition to the juices.



Day 1.

I was well prepared; having cleared my schedule from any social events and coffee- or lunch meetings.- I am ready, I am excited.

On my way out the door, to head off to the gym for an early morning run at 6 am, I conveniently greet the delivery man. He presents me my esky with 6 juices/ soups and a little ‘gift bag’ with bath salt, a loofah, detox tea, a fiber supplement, seeds to nibble on and a daily ‘what to expect’ card.
Each morning Schkinny Maninny will send an email to guide, support and motivate you.

This is on the menu for the next 5 days:
➢ Start off with a warm glass of water with fresh lemon
➢ Cup of detox tea with fiber supplement
➢ Juice made of spinach, cucumber, apple, kiwifruit, wheat-grass and parsley
➢ Juice made of ginger and pineapple, apple and carrot.
➢ For lunch a legume and tomato based soup
➢ Watermelon, mint, orange and rockmelon juice
➢ For dinner a soup or salad blended –different kind each evening
➢ Smoothie of almonds, brazil nuts and almond milk (2 hours before bed time)

I feel headachy today, but I am unsure if this is due to the cleanse.

I love love love the Almond milk smoothie! The afternoon Watermelon, mint, orange and rockmelon juice and the morning spinach, cucumber, apple, kiwifruit, wheatgrass and parsley are surprisingly nice and refreshing.
Most importantly is that I have not felt hungry all day and at the end of the day when I have done my hot yoga class I slept like a baby.

Day 2.

I lost 2 kilo’s in 1 day without feeling hungry! Headache is gone! Skin looks bit better.

I am trilled!

Another esky is waiting on my doorstep when I wake up.
Although exercise is not recommended I feel energized and decide to go to the gym again for an early morning run. Late morning I regretted the early morning run. -My body feels tired and somewhat sore. On the 2nd day a sauna is recommended so I went to a hot yoga class in the evening which I want to do every day during the whole cleanse. It felt good; getting rid of toxins and stretching my sore muscles in the heated room.
Again I slept very soundly.

Day 3.

Another 0.5 kilo gone! No headache, I am feeling good!

No gym this morning; just hot yoga this evening.
The 2nd juice this time had beetroot added to the ginger which made it taste nicer (I am not a fan of ginger..) I feel like a good student and I am drinking lots of water and detox-/green-/ peppermint tea in between juices.
I notice around 2 pm every afternoon that I start to feel a bit chilly.

Day 4.

-/- 0.3 kilo’s.
Still very much enjoying the cleanse.
I woke up feeling fresh and energized. And although no recommended, I went to the gym. Had a great work-out!

It’s nice to have some variety in juices at my door step each morning☺

11 am; I am cold!
1 pm; starting to get tired, yawnnn
1.30pm; Triple yawn….. Am I asleep with my eyes open?
Rest of the day; Exhausted! Decided to throw myself a little pity party and went to bed at 8 pm...I have never slept better then I have all this week!

Day 5.

Last day on da juice; whoop!
-/- 0.6 kilo’s! Very very happy.
I can fit my skinny jeans again without displaying a muffin top.
(Mhmmm muffins..)

Both of today’s morning juices contain ginger. -Ulch Ginger…

1 pm; A colleague walked passed (who was unaware of me doing a diet/detox/cleanse) and said I looked slimmer.
It must be working!

Same soup I had all week for lunch –I am over it! But the afternoon juice is still of my liking. Dinner is a juice with ginger which I despise by now. Had a few sips and threw the rest away. Hooray to the nutty almond milk drink, this I would buy separate if it was sold in stores!
But all in all I am feeling good. I’m not, nor have I have felt hungry doing this cleanse but I am getting excited again for food and latte’s.

9pm: Starting to feel hungry. Maybe just cause the end is nearby? Or because it's Friday night, a night which normally entails some wine and nibbles. But I restrain myself and go to bed at 9.30pm.

Day 6.

Hooray, I have finished!
Total weight loss: -/- 3.6 kilo’s.

I'm feeling hungry waking up, but will mindfully ease into eating.

I enjoyed this cleanse (and results/outcome) and would do it again some time. If I had the money I would do this once a month! It’s been fantastic to reset and clean up my body.
Thank you Schkinny Maninny!

2 comments:

  1. I am on day 3 of 5. I think I am turning the corner and feeling better (although still a bit achey) Great blog.! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try http://fattoskinny.net my husband and I are on it and I've lost 20lbs. My husband has lost 100!

    ReplyDelete