Monday, August 9, 2010

30!

Only 30 days left in my challenge!

Can’t believe I have completed 71 days already. This challenge turned out (so far that is) to be easier than expected. It’s a lifestyle, a habit that is without question a part of my everyday life now.

“Yoga is a journey, not a destination.”
And in this journey I do alter between feeling absolute yoga bliss and yoga feeling dreadful,-daunting even. Yoga felt beautiful last week but it has not felt good this week. There is no bliss, -just getting through class.
But I keep going back. I can’t imagine the last time in my life I kept going back to something that felt dreadful –daunting.
Twisted, right?
But I know that someday –hopefully tonight- I’ll get my bliss back and will be head over heels in love again.

While still in the midst of this challenge, still absolutely sold on Bikram yoga and the anatomical, neurological, physiological and psychological effects it has on the human body, I am starting to fantasise about my life after this 101-day challenge. All that time off… what to do when I get my life back?
EASY! -More Bikram yoga; 4 a 5 days a week and I am keen to start running again. Besides the yoga and running I’ll be sure to enjoy spring and summer ;-) BRING ON SEPTEMBER!

September 9 will be the last day of my challenge.
September 10 I’ll get my tattoo which will forbid me from doing bikram yoga for approx 2 weeks…. EEK!
My spine will not be happy and neither will my skinny jeans….

A confession is needed though; here it goes.........
-I cheated on Bikram yoga with Power yoga.
I was curious to find out the difference. Power yoga being ‘warm yoga’ sounded quite similar; however, it wasn’t similar at all in my opinion.
It was interesting to try it one time and while I enjoyed the potential gain of arms and abdominal muscles, it was the standing on my head, loud breathing, lack of mirrors, precision in alignment (-vs. benefits) and the humming meditation that is just not for me.


Last Saturday I attended Rajashree’s seminar. -Rajashree is Bikram’s wife-. She is gorgeous, graceful and full of knowledge! I can honestly say that this was the 1st seminar/ workshop ever attended that I liked, or do I dare to say it; LOVED! Captured by her presence and excited about the day we enjoyed so much, me and my yogi friend even climbed on stage to ask for a photo....!

Rumour is that Bikram himself is coming to Sydney next year…. *excitement*!

1 comment:

  1. You will get your bliss back after double class tonight.....

    ReplyDelete