Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sharing is caring...?

My yogi friend was telling me about a blog where the author (AKA yogi) saw a fellow yogi bring her partner to Bikram yoga. She described how this yogi really wanted to show the poor guy how it was done, when to do what which way and by the end she told him that he did 'okay' but there was lots of practice needed.
He was silent –not pleased.



It got me thinking......
......After my discovery and many many many many many hours of talking about it my husband wanted to give it a try.

“Neh, I said, that’s not for you; you would not like it”.

But apparently due to my many many many many many hours of talking about it, he was keen to give it a try anyway.

And so he did.

I wonder now; how did I look and sound.....?
.....I can only hope I wasn’t all like, well… you know… female and stuff and basically I did not want to have been the topic of someone's blog and I aim to be a nice wife.

But wait…. Oh, My….

I remember that all throughout class I kept my eye on him and I even gave him some pointers after class (to help him.. of course…)
He went back though (on his own initiative if I may ad). But I noticed though that he stood far far away that 2nd time in the hot room to probably not get anymore feedback.


These days he comes along no more than twice a year which I think is best.
His presence is not helping my practice and it’s also not progressing our marriage. People never look good during a Bikram yoga class; folded in random positions, weird/ strained faces and sweating, A LOT of sweating.
I refuse to believe that you can ever feel attracted to anyone in the hot room.


Bikram yoga is my thing; the thing where I need no one and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post! The line about his presene not helping your practice intrigues me. Aren't we supposed to practice in the midst of distraction and discomfort? The class is the poses + whatever mind stuff you're bringing into the room.

    True, no one looks good during the class, but then you can take a shower together, go get an iced coffee afterward... ;-)

    Hey, there are two couples that come to my studio. They're soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete