Saturday, August 21, 2010

'Sigh'

Sunday morning.
I feel tired an have given myself permission (as advised by my 'guru') to take it easy in class today.
I struggle but maintain during the standing series.
Halfway during the floor series a little voice pops up. It's me; 3-years old and the voice says "i...don't wanna...anymore...I can't....do...this.." and just about when a tear nearly rolled out of my right eye another voice appeared. "Don't be ridiculous, the hard part is done, only 17 classes left in your 101-day challenge. -Besides, in approximately 15 minutes you'll be walking home with a delish skinny latte and are able to relax the rest of your Sunday".

It helped; I stopped feeling sorry for myself and stopped negotiating the remains of the hard psychical labor.
I was able to stay strong, enjoy Sydney's best latte and am now enjoying a picture perfect day in the park with sunshine, cookies and my iPad :-)

Truth be told though, this is where the challenge gets tough.
I know there is not long to go, but I am getting small injuries and I am absolutely exhausted.
I sleep well; I sleep enough but it seems that in my sleep my body is working so hard to recover that it doesn't really rest which makes me tired ALL the time.

The final week will be extra tough as I will put myself through a detox.
No alcohol, no meat, no caffeine, no snacks. My nutrition will be beneficial only to my body, so lot's of fruit, veggies, fiber, fish.
Unprocessed, natural; healthy.
I might keep like a little diary to post as blog....?
I'll probably have myself a weeks long pity party but I am sure I'll feel amazing at the finish!

2 comments: