Sunday, July 25, 2010

And so the story continues

With 46 days left in the challenge, this was how last week went down:

Monday:
Sore left foot, right knee, right hip but surprisingly a good class. 90-Minutes flew by, no improvements or setbacks; just a whole lot of sweating.

Tuesday:
Did 2 (back2back) classes. Great new teacher. In the 2nd class my mind was set on giving up but I did not give up coz of my yogi friend. Thinking if she was still standing and working it, so can I! Gosh… I worked hard this Tuesday evening.
In between classes I was curious if I’ve gotten more flexible halfway through my 101-day challenge and I tried to do the split; with success!

Wednesday:
I was limping due to Tuesday’s classes. Was not excited at all for class but after the first 10 min I zoned in and the teacher motivated me. I had great class. Prayer position in toe stand (I found out that the trick is extensive concentration combined with extensive contraction of abdominal muscles)!

Thursday:
Boring class, tired body, strained a muscle in my neck during class.

Friday:
Slow class, early morning class which I never find easy. Very stiff. Post class I felt very energised though for the rest of the day!

Saturday:
Great class; hot – humid! I find the backward bending quite scary because it always feels like my back is about to break but somehow it opened up this morning and bended further backwards which was even complimented on by the teacher.

Sunday:
Hung-over…
But thank gawd for coconut water and my yogi friend next to me. It turned out to be a good class. Balance was a little off but I recovered from the hangover within 5 minutes and felt amazing.


This week I have decided on the ultimate gift for me – from me upon completion of the 101 day challenge. Remember my 'totattooornottotattoo' blog…? The answer is 'totattoo'; I am getting one when I finish the 101-day challenge mid September!


The challenge has become a journey resulting in intense growth. Bikram yoga has the ability to peel back the layers to really expose what's going on in your mind and heart, whether you like what you see or not.

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work." For some time now my dreams and fantasies have been far more exciting than my realities. What I've come to realize, is that I can make all of my dreams come true through sweat (literally), determination and hard work. I firmly believe that as I'm on this journey to self-realization many new doors will open for me and my dreams will become my real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment