Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hot, Hotter, Hottest...


Practicing Bikram yoga forces me to focus and concentrate. ~ During those 90-minutes my mind is calm and eliminates all that is going on in my life. It’s such a peaceful 90-minutes although it’s such hard physical labour and as a result I get new perspectives in life. ~ Perspectives for present time and (near) future; my hopes and dreams and it has never felt more important to me to act on these hopes and dreams. It’s scary, frustrating, exciting and takes some creativity and soul searching but I am getting there... and I am ready to welcome ‘it’!

- - -

State of play:
Wednesday I completed the 1st month in my 101-day challenge with today only 70 days left!
Time flies and when you have a 101 day challenge insight instead of a 30-day challenge; I can tell you those 30 days where easy this time.
No emotional rollercoaster, no exhaustion… ready for more!
The hotter the room (42 + degrees) the better I ‘perform’. It’s easy to get very flexible in the hot classes and go deeper into postures. I love the hot classes because this is when I am able to take postures to a new level.
When classes are not too hot (-/- 39.5 degrees) my muscles feel sore, short/ tight and tired.

This week a dedicated ‘thank you note’:
“To my ‘Ultra Muscleze’: Although you taste foul I’d like to shout out a big thanks to your high dose of magnesium with a comprehensive range of cofactors which really fix up my muscles each night”.

1 comment: