Saturday, June 26, 2010

A day without Bikram yoga......

.....is the day I got really sick.

Today is a sad day.
I am STILL sick and it seems to be getting worse instead of better.

No way I can do yoga today; I can't breath through my nose, I keep sneezing, coughing and blowing my nose, since yesterday I've got tonsillitis and with that I have a fever. I hoped that continuing my Bikram practice would make me recover quicker but it now seems to be the opposite....

A sad day it is in my 101-challenge...... but I can still make it better by doing a double(; if I feel better again tomorrow..?)

Anyways, I am almost 1 month in my challenge (which I can hopefully still resume and eventually complete).
I am breathing controlled and calm which gives me strength and determination, I am able to move deeper into postures and still keep alignment, I find it easy and enjoyable to go every single day (sick days excluded!)
My muscles are getting tired (mainly hamstrings and shoulders) and therefore balance ain't always easy to master. Exhaustion does not equal strength obviously which is much needed in balancing postures.
I am taking my muscleeze (electrolytes with a high high high dose of magnesium to quickly recover muscles) every night and even took a double dose yesterday.
I am far off from welcoming the yoga bum, however I do see that my legs are changing in shape. My new abdominal muscles seem quite shy still but they peak through the layer of cookies and chocolate most days so I hope they will come out soon.

Very very very excited I am for Rajashree; Bikram's wife who is coming to Australia: http://www.bikram.com.au/rajashree.pdf
I am attending the full day seminar August 7 which will include 2 posture clinics (!!!!!) a Bikram yoga class and meditation. I am sure I'll gain so much from her knowledge, can't wait!


On a final note,
I read the delightful ThxThxThx blog, “a daily exercise in gratitude” where Leah Dietrich writes a daily thank-you note to something in her life. Here's mine for today;
" Thank you flu, for making me go to the pharmacy feeling my absolute worst and on my way passing the most gorgeous shoes which I am now the happy owner of. They made me feel better instantly"

No comments:

Post a Comment