Sunday, June 13, 2010

Yogi Pride

Struck by the first symptoms of the flu and with only 4hours of sleep after a fun night out and maybe... just maybe..... still a little drunk was my condition this morning.
If there was no challenge I would have stayed in bed, feeling sorry for myself.

But there is a challenge and this is what made me get up, hydrate and bring my ass into the hot room.
And I am SO happy for it. It was hot, humid with a great energy. Within the first 15minutes I sweated out all of last nights toxins (pizza, wine, corona's, cake, maccas, jagerbombs, vodka.....) and for 90minutes I felt good..... no I felt great!!
My body opened up and executed postures really really well. Balance was on and my muscles strong and flexible.

Funny how a hot room can lift the feelin' shitty and flu-ish in a non existent state and make me feel so better instantly. Walking home from class I appreciated the clear blue sky, the result of the class and this long weekend with my happy smiling face.

Fingers crossed for a similar class tomorrow cause I feel like the flu is like a hit man, who is investigating my true identity and is ready to strike any time now... Must not get sick and jeopardize the challenge especially since it's going so well.

I take my electrolytes consistently and enjoy the progress and journey in my every day practice throughout my 101challenge. I am still way not ready for it to be over! I must aim to have a healthier intake. Epic fail on my nutrition lately..... Every day practice makes me hungry...
Tomorrow class 13, almost 2 weeks in the challenge and although there is a long road ahead; time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment