Thursday, June 3, 2010

With my happy smiling face


With the ocean right in front of me I got my laptop out and am about to enjoy my chai latte accompanied by carrot cake.
Yes, Byron Bay is good!

I have been privileged to experience 4 different teachers in my 4 days in Byron. I kick off every morning with a Bikram class and am therefore able to enjoy the rest of the time doing whatever I feel like. Me and my yogi friend where keen to do some double classes but we are having too much fun on our girls trip and decided that 1 class a day is enough. Especially since I have to do 1 a day for 101 days; it feels very unnecessary to spoil all potential to completing this challenge by doing doubles.

The Bikram studio is located right at the beach. ~A beautiful –white sand/ palm trees/ clear ocean/ picture perfect- beach.~
Immediately after class I went for a swim in the ocean which felt amazing. Bikram yoga followed by a swim in the ocean; I swear they were made for each other. In my mind I sang ‘Bikram and the Ocean, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g.....’, while floating on my back in the clear blue sea. I want to bring this ocean to Sydney and put it right next to my studio (I apologise to Oxford Street).

Although I love practicing in this environment I can’t help to get excited to practice again at my studio in Darlinghurst, Sydney.
I miss the teachers and getting inspired by their knowledge, support and their spiritual and-/or funny stories (mainly during the floor series). I tend to get a little bored during the floor series here at Byron, where they stick to the dialogue.

Other things done here; 7 course degustation dinner,(sucky) psych reading, (attempted to) shop, saw a movie, drank wines and ate at the cutest local cafes-pubs-bistro’s, drove around, had a chat to a security guy late at night after someone tried to break in to our apartment while we were in the apartment, survived a tornado, aroused the guy at the massage studio by asking if my yogi friend and I can have a massage together (what I meant to ask was if we could have one at the same time) and bought a (must needed -potentially addictive) muscle relaxer for my 101 day challenge.
What’s still to come; 1hr full body massage(tomorrow!!!), beach, buying a bikini for the beach, dinners, drinks and girls nights out...!

3 comments:

  1. Zooo heeeerlijk! Hier eindelijk ook mooi weer, ga volop genieten net als jij. Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, 'PRICELESS'

    "aroused the guy at the massage studio by asking if my yogi friend and I can have a massage together"

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou so much for following my blog!!

    i have been to byron and practiced at that studio.. running out and jumping in the ocean with my dad was one of the happiest times in my life.

    your blog is lovely, i am looking forward to following it

    chloe xxx

    ReplyDelete