Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1.

Footsteps and voices are surrounding me while I wait anxiously for time to pass. Why I am always way too early...?

Sydney airport is where I am, gate 33. I have 1 hour to kill before I board my plane to Ballina -destination Byron Bay-!

Today is the beginning of my Bikram 101-day challenge.
My yogi friend will pick me up in less than 3 hours at Ballina airport to drive me to our fabulous penthouse apartment in Byron bay. ~ I am prepared as I wear no make-up and all my yoga stuff is packed conveniently in my suitcase. First thing to do this afternoon: A Bikram class. Let’s tick that ’1st class done box’ with a 100 classes left in the challenge after that one.

I am very keen to practice at this new studio in Byron Bay; a new teacher, new surroundings, where I won’t be able to depend on expectations, compliments, familiarity and comfort. I feel this will benefit my practice and I am sure it will be a great start to my challenge.

Happy birthday to me........It will be a great holiday and the best thing I can give myself; -my body, mind & soul.
Disclaimer 1: Okay... the holiday will include some indulgence. I do get hungry from doing lots of yoga and haven’t scientists proven that wine is healthy...?
Disclaimer 2: Maybe there will be more than ‘some’ indulgence, but it is a holiday. Holidays must include enjoyment of all kinds... right?
Disclaimer 3: Yes, right! Ultimately I will bring so much goodness to myself by doing this challenge. It’s all about balance between goodness & indulgence.


In all honesty, it’s hard to break old habits.... Throughout this last month I have absolutely used and abused my body. Coming out of the 30-day challenge I poisoned myself with too much (bad) food and wine. I gained 6 kilo’s, I am tired and feel and see the immediate result of not taking care of myself properly. I am ready to feel awesome again!

No comments:

Post a Comment