Tuesday, April 20, 2010

2250 minutes of Bikram Yoga



Got my 25th class coming up tonight (AKA 2250 minutes of Bikram yoga completed) with tomorrow only 1 week away from the finish line!

State of play:
Feeling tired, hungry, bored, healthy, proud, and strong.
-I still totally love practise.

Spotted:
Unsure if this is even possible, but I swear I have grown a whole new set of abdominal muscles.
It feels like my lower rib and my waistline have grown some new muscles which now are getting acquainted and trying to find their position. They clearly haven’t found a comfortable place just yet as it still feels like something has been inserted surgically. ‘Please dissolve and make room I ask you fatty bits, you are no longer needed!’

Practise:
Sunday morning practise was awful. Bad energy in class, and ¼ of people in class sat down already during warm-up postures. It was extremely hot and humid. It felt like pure torture. My muscles refused to bend or stretch.
Sunday evening went well. Muscles gave in to what I asked of them and I regained energy and strength.
Monday went okay. Didn’t give a 100%.....
Tuesday went well. I pushed myself back in front row with the pressure to perform.
After class I gave myself a motivational pressie: new yoga outfit. Strange things can motivate me these days and I have so deserved that!
Practise has become a habit by now and I no longer have the internal dialogue going on before classes.
[Example:] “I don’t want to”; “but it would be good to go, -you’ll feel better after”; “but I really don’t feel like going”; “get dressed and go!”; “I don’t think I drank enough water”; ”drink your water now and go” ---etc etc…!
The studio feels like my 2nd home now and teachers are my social highlight each day.

On a final note:

Watching Masterchef while sipping my cup of tea is absolutely killing me….

1 comment:

  1. I think you look great with your new muscles :-)

    Picture from the new Fiona:
    http://img135.imageshack.us/i/2637se3.jpg/

    ReplyDelete