Thursday, April 1, 2010

Go.....!

GO.........!

Yes, I have started the Bikram challenge today and I had an awesome day leading up to it!

I was a bit nervous for my first class within this challenge because it could set my mood for the rest of the challenge and also during my last few classes my main focus was to not pass out and not vomit.

I entered the hot room with excitement for the challenge and was well prepared (AKA hydrated). One of my favourite teachers was scheduled who is not too tough, shares little jokes throughout class, always has some interesting facts to share and is also the owner of my school. This was going to be the start of a new bikram beginning and I was ready! No more holding back and immediately letting go of lazy routines.

How did it go? I am glad you asked! It went great! I didn’t get dizzy or nauseous (thanks to the cleanse I did the last 2 days!)
Best of all; tonight I have done a pose which I have never done before ’toe stand’ which is the pose at the very end of the standing series. Yes, confession time....after about 18 months of bikram yoga I have never, –uhhuh never-, done that pose. A teacher said, during my very first class, that by doing this pose your knee might pop out and this has made me too much of a woos to even ever give it a try. Knees are a sensitive enough topic as it is (as would the people who know me be aware of). But I did it and it and it went pretty well. So from experience I’d like to say “no reason to fear that one my fellow yogi’s who share this fear, just give it a try!” So, after tonight I am on my way already to become a ‘front row good yogi superstar’!
I also got a great compliment and I quote "Good Fiona, look at how far you've come"! Yes, I am a sucker for compliments *blush*!
I am so excited I might even do a double class tomorrow....

1 comment: