Thursday, April 22, 2010

Final week!


1 more week...... 1 more week!

I did a double class yesterday, 3.5 hours in the hot room.
1st Class was good. My favourite teacher, good balance and strong class. My new yoga outfit is treating me well.
2nd Class was horrific. New teacher, cold class and I just got really angry -almost aggressive.

During many classes teachers have told me that different emotions can come up, especially when doing a challenge like the one I am doing this month.
I thought I always understood what they meant with that but yesterday gave me a whole new understanding. I felt calm, peaceful and happy all day yesterday until my 2nd class. The teacher wasn't too nice to my friend -I tell you, don't mess with my friends- so that set my mood for the rest of class. She wanted everyone to respond to her 'good evening' and later on repeat a stupid joke she made. It's a silent room, -please shut up is what I was thinking (with a few extra words/ expressions). She kept opening both doors and it was actually really cold. Cold... I tell you... in the hot room!
She must have seen that I got a little angry because she said "you know, it takes 43 muscles to frown, and only 3 muscles to smile". -I wondered how many muscles it would take me to punch her in the face and leave the room.
Unsure if this was just the emotional state of the challenge erupting or if I really was not a fan of the new (temporary!) teacher.
When walking home with my friend after our double, the experience somehow seemed all too funny all of a sudden and I could not stop laughing. Such a random mood swing. Felt like a crazy person.

Anyways, 1 more week to go! Hurrah!

3 comments:

  1. OMG Speaking as your friend, the one that she was rude to, This post is hilarious.

    I must agree with everything that you said,cold cold cold and it was very weird having to ask "my mummy" for money...Twice. and then clapping at the end.

    Also in the breathing exercise when she told everyone off for not stopping when she clapped, even though she had not explained that she did it differently to the other teachers.

    Hilarious though you certainly let rip girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, that's hilarious. I used to have a teacher who was fantastic apart from the 'mumma give me money' thing - I always thought that was so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah a couple of the lane cove teachers use that line. Always a bit awkward coz I never feel like repeating it!

    I want to see angry Fiona! Less than week to go now, you go girl :)

    ReplyDelete