Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Peace of mind


Over the last 5 months I just wanted some peace of mind.
Unsure on how I got where I was but it made me rethink my life and everything in it. It wasn’t like all the times before where I searched for purpose in my life and went looking for that -I am very impulsive so I do this a lot... More then I’d like to admit even and many times it’s focused on my career. What career...? Yup, exactly!

This time I had so many things going on in my mind, but all thoughts seemed like little pieces of a very complicated puzzle and I could not get things back in place. Now....I finally have found peace of mind. I feel calm and happy, GEE... most days I even walk the streets of beautiful Sydney town with a smile on my face.

Bikram forces me to concentrate and calm my mind. The first year practicing Bikram yoga my thoughts were everywhere during the 90 minutes class; ‘what will I eat after, what movie do I want to watch, what present can I give my little niece who will turn 1 year old soon, when do I go again, should I do groceries’, all kinds of random day2day stuff. It’s only recently that I learned to focus on keeping balance, maintaining strength in postures and besides that keep a clear mind. Clearly it helped me on a personal level which I am grateful for.

Yes, I love bikram. No doubt about it. It has had so many benefits for me. If bikram yoga was a person (no not referring to the founder of bikram, but the activity) I would give it little hugs and kisses, now that's how much I love it. I would love to take it on a holiday, and yes that’s a real possibility. There are these Bikram retreats in Hawaii where you do 2 classes a day, eat healthy, relax and enjoy. Expensive but definitely on my wish list.
Another thing I’d love to do is Teacher Training in Las vegas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_pXsGUUYtM). 9 weeks of extensive torture to become a teacher. Not sure if I’d even want to teach bikram yoga, but it would sure be the extreme challenge. Let’s make sure i get my Permanent Residency first (go Straya!) and then maybe pursue that possibility....

4 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona,
    thanks so much for following my blog. I hope i can share my teacher training journey with you and then one day you can share yours with me :)
    love Chloe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading mine :-) Gosh I am jealous, wish I could join you at teacher training! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are so much more evolved than me honey, last night I thought about my contact lenses the whole class.
    Hawaii or that other resort trip would be awesome - I'm coming with you.
    Nice post x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Jacqui's comment, except that I wasn't thinking about contact lenses (coz I don't wear them). I was thinking about what to put in my next design brief! FAIL! Will need to work on mental peace :)

    ReplyDelete