Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Video..?

I have completed the 1st week!

3 things stood out for me today.

I weigh myself daily, just to measure and keep close track of the path to my goal weight and to see how my body responds to different foods I eat throughout each day.
I lost 3.5 kg's in 4 days (woo-hoo!) but this morning I woke up and I gained 0.7 (boo-hoo...)
It made me wonder, could I actually gain weight by thinking about food. I sure have thought a lot about chocolate and self pitied myself all throughout Monday and I am pretty sure that I don't sleepwalk to my fridge at night. How did this happen..? *Sigh*. I secretly hope the scale was mistaken and it will surprise me tomorrow morning.

I was feeling hungry again today right up until my colleague -and also a profound bikram lover- told me about this video made 2 years ago where I apparently looked very different.
Video.... I wondered with enormous fear and ran over to have a look. And then I saw the video. It was quick but hard to miss. How could I have forgotten about this...! It was horrific really. It looked like 25 kilo's where stuffed in my face alone. Oi...! Made me think about this 1 picture I have with me and my husband out for dinner when we just arrived in Sydney. Our belly's are actually hanging on our thigh's and our faces where 3 times larger then nowadays. That was my fattest moment ever. I look at that every now and again when I feel like pizza and I can tell you that I don't feel like pizza after seeing that photo!
I wish though that I could be one of those people who can just eat, eat and eat and still stay a perfect size 8. I acknowledge to be over-compulsive when it comes to food which doesn't make it easier but I have to be quite careful with what I eat and gain weight pretty quickly... Not fair really but a reality which I have to face.

Maybe these 1st 2 things happening today made me ready for a strong bikram class because I placed myself in the front row today! First time ever...!
I was kind of scared that the teacher might come up to me and say out loud "Fiona, what are you doing there, don't kid yourself and please step back" but thankfully he didn't! I pushed myself hard throughout class because when you are front row you need to lead the class, can't take breaks and have to do all postures and so I did. It's been a great way to finish my not too awesome day!

3 comments:

  1. Wow nice one babe, you didn't need to wait til the end of April to be front-row ready! I was front row today too but only cos I did a quiet class & the second row became the front row.
    Sorry about the video.. but I find it so inspiring to see your transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Front row, well done babe :-)

    I remember that picture ;-(......

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a hero! My god, I even have trouble getting of the couch... oh ja het kan natuurlijk in nederlands :) Goed bezig dame! Oz heeft je echt veranderd, ik ben sinds deze week aan buikspieroefeningen begonnen. Misschien moet ik ook doelen stellen. Ik heb nog steeds iets wat ik je ga sturen... past perfect in jouw programma :) Goodluck honey!

    ReplyDelete