Thursday, April 15, 2010

WOO-HOO!

Yesterday was an awesome day!

I walked in to my studio for a 5.30 pm class and immediately my teacher –and also owner of the school- commented on how great my postures look. I had improved so much lately and he was really impressed!
I responded a bit bedazzled with a ‘Uh, Gosh….thank you *blush*’ and later followed this up like a normal human being with a proper conversation.
I mentioned that all tips are very welcome because I really want to step up and get really, really good (front row good as you, my friends, might recall from my blog)
And, you know what his response was….. do ya….do ya……….? Let me tell you (with great excitement)! He said that I am already front row good!

Funny how this random stuff makes me happy.
Might just be that I am quite the perfectionist or might be that I am a sucker for compliments -I’ll put my money on the combo of these 2.
I like to do things really well; otherwise I don’t want to do it at all (what’s the use..?) So, also with Bikram, I have seen myself improving, I know it’s definitely possible to improve more, so why not make sure I’ll get awesome at it.

He gave me a couple of tips in response to postures I said I struggle with and after class he wants to help me get better by doing a new exercise which should help me improve in many postures by increasing my total back flexibility. This exercise looks freakin’ scary though as he showed me so I escaped the building immediately after an exhausting class yesterday.
I will take him up on his offer, as soon as I find the courage…!

Anyhow, I am back in front row. Well…. at least yesterday I was.

Quick run down on my practise over the last few days:
Tuesday 5.30 class: Good class but my balance was a bit off…
Wednesday 5.30 class: Class went really well. I go deeper in half moon posture and am able to maintain my standing and floor bow poses high up for the entire time. Wanted to maybe do a double but wasn’t up for that. Hot-hot class so went home for a longgg hot shower!
Thursday 5.30 class: Halfway in the 30 days! Did my 18th class in 15 days! Got great compliment and went back in front row. WOO-HOO!
Got home yesterday with 12 bottles of lovely wine sitting at my front porch…. Why again did we order these already..? They look so nice and whisper my name at night…. But I’ll leave them unopened till May 1! YES I CAN!

Doing a 5.30 class again this evening and probably/hopefully doubles Saturday and Sunday!

1 comment: