Thursday, April 8, 2010

Japanese Ham sandwich


21 days to go....

I have been going strong, stacking up extra Bikram classes to not just to the expected 30 classes but aim for 40 classes before May 1.
I've done 11 so far.

Did a double -back2back- class yesterday which was tough.
3.5 hours in the hot room... Normally my face is red like a tomato but at the end I looked like Casper. Proud to have done it though and slept like a baby last night!

This week I have, for the first time, been able to fold myself into the Japanese Ham sandwich pose with locked knees! I keep improving which is great especially since I also notice my body getting tighter the longer I am in this challenge. My teachers say it's normal to experience tightness, it's your body's way to protect itself. I do believe that the electrolytes that I have are helping me regain strenght quickly. I still have a long way to go to improve each and every posture and am still often amazed about some yogi's in the room and their execution of the postures. Wonder if I will ever get there..?

I do feel hungry a lot. Maybe it's just the fact that I can't have certain things is making me want it more (we always want what we can't have, right..) or maybe it's my body craving for energy to rebuild (but I am sure a cheesymite scroll won't offer much good). I'll stick to the diet I have given myself for this challenge although life is much more fun with nice wines and foods.

Doubles scheduled on Saturday and Sunday so I'll write again in the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. well done! I have a long way to go before I look anything like a Japanese ham sandwich and being half-Japanese I should really have a head start =P

    ReplyDelete