Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thinking back.


It requires a 20 minute walk to get to my Bikram yoga studio.
I always listen to my iPod during this walk. I got to think how some songs bring memories.

I have a song which reminds me of an awesome holiday to Ibiza. This song was played at every club and even when I woke up in the morning and approached my balcony I heard this repeatedly at the pool. I have a song which reminds me of England and I have a whole bunch of songs which remind me of an exhausting 10-12.5 km run on the treadmill in the gym multiple times a week (dislike these songs now and the gym).
Music can definitely set/ change my mood.

It’s not just music that brings back memories. Locations work really well that way. I often walk past a location/ venue and it brings up memories. It that just me..?

I can still crack myself up in a lift (thanks Francien; that moment in the Monster elevator was so funny, I can’t seem to let this go). Cargo Lounge reminds me of some awesome sunnies (thanks Simon). The Slip-inn reminds me of work (thanks Key media, -awesome times end of ‘09). Bungalow 8 reminds me of an unexpected and hilarious night out (thanks Ilona, or should I say Tulula). Tonic reminds me of Shani (Shani, seriously; don’t bring me there ever again, and stop serving shots). Cohi bar reminds me of hangovers (thanks Sjoukje & Rolf). The Dutch shop reminds me of shared love for (Dutch) food and good times (thanks Marieke & Emiel).
Burwood –Hays- reminds me of a dreadful 4 months but also the start of an awesome friendship (thanks Stuart). Good conversations (email and AOL included) remind me of an understanding and good friend (thanks Leonie). Bikram reminds me of a shared passion (thanks Jacqui). Backpacking reminds me of falling in love with Australia (thanks Suzanne). Vienna and Paris will always remind me of my previous employer (thanks Monsters, -miss you guys). New York will always remind me of my engagement (thanks babe for making it really special). Almere reminds me of great nights out (thanks Paulien, I love to dance for you), Alkmaar reminds me of my independence (thanks little cute room I rented to pick up my life) and Heiloo reminds me of feeling so at home during our last trip to Holland (thanks Donia & Mark, -love you).
Many more memories, too many to recall and not all suited for publication ;-)
But last but not least; Sydney reminds me every day on how grateful I am to be here (thanks Sydney, you are gorgeous).

Not sure I how I got to this topic again… But I like thinking back. ‘Regain memories and evaluating life choices’.
-Hope many more good memories are on its way!

2 comments:

  1. Hey hun.
    How is it that I am doing this challenge with you, but I see less of you!

    I will admit that I have missed a few classes recently, boo hoo.

    But I am soo sore, all the muscles in my back scream everytime i try to bend them.

    Jen made me move up a row the other day and I hated it, now I can see myself in the mirror and I am huge. It actually made me really depressed so I am staying in the back row.

    Anyway you go girl from row all the way woo hoo.

    Stu pot

    ReplyDelete
  2. My good vibes and love are on his way to you!!! Keep an eye on your postman!! Keep the good work up honey, you're the best! xx leonie

    ReplyDelete